Are you looking for assistance or clarity with what exactly you or your child needs to do to graduate from a DC public high school? Look here for information on DC's standard graduation requirements as well as links to LEA resources for schools with enhanced graduation requirements.
A total of twenty-four (24) Carnegie Units in corresponding subjects and required volunteer community service hours shall have been satisfactorily completed for graduation.
The following Carnegie Units in the following subjects shall be required:
- English (4.0)
- Mathematics: must include Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra II at a minimum (4.0)
- Science: must include three (3) lab sciences (4.0)
- Social Studies: must include World History 1 and 2, United States History; United States Government, and District of Columbia History (4.0)
- World Language (2.0)
- Art (0.5)
- Music (0.5)
- Physical Education/Health (1.5)
- Electives (3.5)
Total: 24.0 Credits
- For more information on DCPS Graduation Requirements, please click here or email email@example.com.
- For more information on DC Public Charter Schools Graduation Requirements, please contact your local school, click here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information and resources from the Office of the State Superintendent of Education, please click here.