SBOE Meets Regularly Each Month
- Working sessions are on the first Wednesday of every month at 5 pm.
- Public meetings are on the third Wednesday of every month at 5:30 pm
- Meetings are normally held at One Judiciary Square, 441 4th St. NW, unless otherwise specified.
Check out our upcoming events list for the most up-to-date schedule for upcoming meetings.
Records From All Meetings Are Documented
- Agendas, meeting documents, testimony, reports and resolutions to be considered for all working sessions and public meetings after April 1, 2015 can be on our information sharing website here.
All students, parents, educators, and community members are invited to provide testimony at public meetings. Individuals and representatives of organizations who wish to comment at a public meeting are asked to notify Board staff in advance by phone at (202) 741-0888 or by email at [email protected] no later than 48 hours in advance of the meeting. An electronic copy of testimony must be received no later than 48 hours prior to the meeting. Individuals are asked to furnish their names, addresses, telephone numbers, and organizational affiliation, if any.
While working sessions are open to the public, individuals and representatives of organizations are not permitted to speak or participate. However, individuals and representatives of organizations may submit written testimony for consideration by the Board. Written testimony must be submitted by email at [email protected] at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
Watch Meetings Live and Access Archived Video Recording
- Public meetings air live on District Knowledge Network (DKN), Comcast Channel 99, RCN Channel 18, and Fios Channel 12.
- Working Sessions are streamed live via Periscope.
- Archived video recordings of all meetings are posted within five days of each meeting.
- SBOE Public Meeting Video Playlist (2016-Present)
- SBOE Public Meetings Prior to 2016
- SBOE Working Session Video Playlist (2017-Present)
- SBOE ESSA Task Force Video Playlist (2017-2019)
- SBOE High School Graduation Requirements Task Force Video Playlist (2017-2018)
Committee meetings are an opportunity for members to discuss key issues and focus areas that the State Board has identified as priorities for 2019. The discussions will provide members the opportunity to share thoughts, recommendations, and next steps for the SBOE. These occur on a monthly basis. Check out our calendar for dates and times.
Archived Transcripts from Public Meetings
- 2017: Jan | Feb | Mar 15 | Mar 22 | Apr (no meeting) | May | Jun | Jul | Sept
- 2016: Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug (no meeting) | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec
- 2015 and Prior Years
*After September 2017, SBOE stopped the transcription of public meetings.