Are you looking for assistance or clarity with what exactly you or your student needs to do to graduate from a DC public high school? Look here for information on DC's standard graduation requirements and links to information for non-traditional and alternative pathways to graduation.
A total of twenty-four (24) Carnegie Units in corresponding subjects and required volunteer community service hours should be satisfactorily completed for graduation.
Carnegie Units in the following subjects are required:
- English (4.0)
- Mathematics: must include Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra II at a minimum (4.0)
- Science: must include three lab sciences (4.0)
- Social Studies: must include World History 1 and 2, United States History; United States Government, and District of Columbia History (4.0)
- World Language (2.0)
- Art (0.5)
- Music (0.5)
- Physical Education/Health (1.5)
- Electives (3.5)
Total: 24.0 Credits
- For more information on SBOE's high school graduation task force, click here.
- For more information on DCPS Graduation Requirements, click here or email questions to the Office of College and Career Readiness at [email protected].
- For more information on DC Public Charter Schools Graduation Requirements, please contact your local school or email [email protected].
Not all pathways to graduation are the same. Here are resources to help you determine the best route to secondary education credentials: