This notice outlines the agenda for the 2021 Member & Staff Retreat of the DC State Board of Education. The retreat will be held on January 29, 2021, from 9:00am-4:30pm, with a one-hour break for lunch from 11:30-12:30pm. The morning session of the retreat will be closed to the public under DC Official Code § 2–575(b)(2) and (12). The afternoon session of the retreat will be broadcast virtually via livestream on the State Board YouTube channel. The agenda below is subject to change. Please note that all meetings of the State Board will be held virtually until further notice.
For further information, please contact the front desk at 202-741-0888.
Retreat Agenda (9:00 am – 4:30pm)
- CLOSED SESSION: Personnel and professional development 9:00am-11:30
- OPEN SESSION (12:30pm-4:30pm)
- Board Responsibilities/ External Committee Assignments
- Resolution Process
- Previous Committee updates
- New Committee structure and priorities
- Board Process, Structures, and Priorities