SBOE Meets Regularly Each Month
- Meetings are normally held in the Old Council Chambers on the first floor of One Judiciary Square, 441 4th St. NW, unless otherwise specified.
- Working sessions are on the first Wednesday of every month at 5 pm.
- Public meetings are on the third Wednesday of every month at 5:30 pm.
- ESSA Task Force Meetings are on the second Tuesday of every month at 6 pm.
Check out our Events Page for the most up-to-date list of upcoming meetings.
Records From All Meetings Are Documented
- Agendas, meeting documents, testimony, reports and resolutions to be considered for all working sessions and public meetings after April 1, 2015 can be on our information sharing website here.
Watch Meetings Live and Access Archived Video Recording
- Public meetings air live on District Knowledge Network (DKN), Comcast Channel 99, RCN Channel 18, and Fios Channel 12.
- All SBOE Working Sessions and ESSA Task Force Meetings are streamed LIVE via Periscope.
- Webcasts of all meetings are posted within five days of each meeting.
While working sessions are open to the public, individuals and representatives of organizations are not permitted to speak or participate. However, individuals and representatives of organizations may submit written testimony for consideration by the Board. Written testimony must be submitted by email at [email protected] at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
All students, parents, educators, and community members are invited to provide testimony at public meetings. Individuals and representatives of organizations who wish to comment at a public meeting are asked to notify Board staff in advance by phone at (202) 741-0888 or by email at [email protected] no later than 48 hours in advance of the meeting. An electronic copy of testimony must be received no later than 48 hours prior to the meeting. Individuals are asked to furnish their names, addresses, telephone numbers, and organizational affiliation, if any. Individuals must also bring at least fifteen (15) copies of their written statements with them to the meeting.
Archived Transcripts from Public Meetings
- 2017: Jan | Feb | Mar 15 | Mar 22 | Apr (no meeting) | May | Jun | Jul | Sept
- 2016: Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug (no meeting) | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec
- 2015 and Prior Years